Sprinkler Design Manager
February 18, 2020
FVS Limited, based in Rochdale Greater Manchester, are looking to recruit a full time Sprinkler Design Manager to lead our design team alongside Project Managers and Directors.
We are a family owned and run business since 1982 and pride ourselves on the excellent reputation we have achieved over the last 38 years.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a busy team within a growing company with future career progression opportunities.
The ideal candidate will already be leading a design team or will be a design engineer with sufficient experience and motivation to be able to take the next step.
Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience and a company car or car allowance will be offered.
- Responsible for managing the workload of the design team and, in turn, delivering accurate detailed design drawings and hydraulic calculations for each project.
- Ensure all designs meet clients and insurers requirements and are in accordance with BS EN 12845 LPC rules or FM data sheets.
- Responsible for the development and training of the design team – should be able to motivate and mentor people.
- Procurement of materials, equipment and fabricated pipework.
- Carry out full hand over of the design to project engineers, including visiting site to run through the required works.
- Attending site to review any design changes against necessary standards and advising on correct course of action.
- Certification of completed work and commissioning, including production of as-fitted information and O&M manuals.
- Assist estimating teams in order to assess the correct sprinkler requirements for new works to ensure accurate costings and estimates are submitted.
- Assist with all technical queries relating to design and knowledge of the necessary rules/standards.
- Carry out Hazard Reviews/Risk Surveys on existing sites.
- Thorough knowledge of the LPC Rules/FM Datasheets, including LPCB competence exams in basic and/or intermediate and/or FHC.
- Conversant with AutoCAD in order to work on drawings in conjunction with the design team.
- Conversant carrying out full hydraulic calculations using Canute software.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and able to motivate teams and individuals.
- Ability to manage small teams working on both the design side and the installation side of the project.
- Computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft office
- Willing to support other departments for servicing and maintenance, small works, sales and marketing.
- Reliable and hard working.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Please call us on 01706 848 599 to discuss further or see our website: www.fvslimited.co.uk
You will receive 20 days holiday per annum, plus 8 x Bank Holidays and the Christmas shut down.
Hours of work are 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Get Our Newsletter
Join our list for any latest important updates. We don't share your data